ESU Coordinating Council
February 01, 2017 2:00 PM
Special Population Committee Meeting
1. Call to Order
Rationale

Notice to visitors:  To be heard at this meeting, the "Request to be Heard" form, must be completed and submitted to the Secretary to the Executive Director of ESUCC.  The President of the Board of ESUCC will call upon visitors wishing to address the Board in the order they were submitted or by subject.

Pursuant to Section 84-1411 of the Nebraska Statutes, notice of this meeting was given by advertisement on the ESUCC website, NE Public Meeting site and host site.

Open Meetings Law
: Pursuant to Section 84 - 1412 of the Nebraska Statutes, the public is hereby informed that a current copy of the Nebraska Open Meetings Act is posted in this meeting room. 

Discussion

Call to order at 2:03 PM.

Staff:  David Ludwig, Deb Hericks, Scott Isaacson


2. Roll Call
3. Agenda Item
Chair of Committee
3.A. Behavioral Health Committee
Executive Director Ludwig/Chair Polk
Rationale

Attachments
Discussion

Chair reviewed the survey results, suggest you share with staff.  There will be a summit this summer that will include anyone who has anything to do with Behavioral Health can attend.  It will be onsite at ESU 3 and broadcasted to ESU 10 and ESU 13.  ESU 1 Administrator shared their tier document.  This will give you a tier process to address the needs.   The is a continuous need for mental health providers. 


3.B. January ESPD Meeting
Committee Chair - Polk
Rationale

ESPD - January 2017

Chair shared discussion from the ESPD meeting. 

3.C. Tele-Therapy (SLP)
Committee Chair - Polk
Rationale

During the September Committee meeting, it was recommended to begin dialogue regarding the development of a retention/recruitment model for Speech/Language Pathologists.  

Discussion

Chair reviewed discussions that we had with the ESPD committee regarding Tele-Therapy for SLPs.  They will continue to review and discuss a solution.  Executive Director has had discussion with Director of NCRSA regarding Global Therapy. 

3.D. Circle of Friends
Executive Director Ludwig
Discussion

Executive Director discussed Circle of Friend is now being done by Keith Rowher. Dave will have a meeting with him and others the beginning of March.

3.E. SRS/AAP Development Update
Executive Director Ludwig
Discussion

Technology Director gave an update on the the SRS/APP development.  Zend conversion is done and in testing the system.  In the meantime the System Analyst has been working on the APP Site.  There will be a meeting next Friday to discuss the transition of the sites to the Edfi Dashboard.  There hoped to have this in production this summer.  The Innovation Grant would also help move this project forward to compete the conversion process to Zend 3. 

3.F. SRS Procedural Manual - Second/Final Reading
Committee Chair - Polk
Rationale

SRS Procedural Manual

Discussion

We had recommendations come from Affiliates and ESUs and working through the recommendations.  We will approve procedures manual next month. 

3.G. Master Service Agreement 2017-2018
Executive Director Ludwig
Rationale

MSA 2017-2018

MSA Spreadsheet

Attachments
Discussion

Executive Director shared the Master Service Agreement and SRS costs within that agreement.  Suggesting a 5% increase in the tier structure. 

3.G.I. SRS
Executive Director Ludwig
3.G.I.a. Special Education Projects
Executive Director Ludwig
Rationale

$5500 per each ESU

3.G.I.b. SRS Fees (Tiered)
Executive Director Ludwig
Rationale

per student count

Note from Wade: 
 
Hi Deb,
We generally discuss fees during our March meetings so we have not yet had that conversation.  However, a couple years ago, our advisory board approved an annual increase of 5% every year.  So with that in mind, here are how the fees will look for the next two years.  I am pretty confident this is what our fees will be.
 
2016-17 2017-18 2018-19
143 $150 $158
372 $391 $410
741 $778 $817
2225 $2,336 $2,453
2967 $3,115 $3,271
3709 $3,894 $4,089
7415 $7,786 $8,175
Thanks,
Wade
SRS

3.H. PEP Grant
Committee Chair - Polk
Discussion

Executive Director will contact Rose Dymacek on the PEP Conference on March 18-21.

3.I. Wade Fruhling - SRS Report
Wade Fruhling
Attachments
Discussion

Committee Chair reviewed RS Directors Report. 

3.I.I. AAP
Rationale

  • AAP Nearly Complete
    • Incorporated District Tab code from SRS into AAP
    • Student team functionality added (utilizing SRS code)
    • Removed bugs from personnel tab
    • Developed ability for System Admin to account to create new schools
    • Wade and Dawn performed thorough system-wide test
      • Identified a few new issues to be addressed
      • Mike is addressing these new issues now.
  • Met with Pat Frost and Michelle Borg (Title 1, NDE) to ensure we are meeting all Title 1 requirement
  • Still need to build in interoperability with ADVISER system
We will do this work simultaneously with SRS in the coming weeks

3.I.II. Project Para
Rationale

  • Still working on usability improvements
    • Clarity of content and instructions,
    • consistency of forms and site navigation,
    • error messages that give more information,
    • spacing and letter sizing,
    • color contrast, etc.
  • Completed Instructor Notification system
    • Instructors can now opt to be notified whenever a participant takes a test or completes a module

3.I.III. SRS Report
Rationale

  • Wade and Dawn have performed extensive testing on SRS to identify bugs
    • Fixing bugs will be our next major development phase.
    • Wade has written up directions for fixing all of the identified bugs and placed these instructions into our JIRA system.
  • Attended Jim Knight “Conversations” training in Kearney
  • Security improvements
    • Enhanced the security functionality and Role based security
  • Conversion to Zend 1 is mostly completed
    • All major pages have been converted to Zend
      • Only one minor page is remaining
      • Still need to clean up bugs, and update some design elements
  • Completed Bellevue Public Schools upload system
    • This was a very challenging process to get right
    • This work will prepare us for connecting to the State’s ADVISER system
  • Wade and Dawn have been working on ways to improve the speed and efficiency of our help desk.
    • Developing a knowledge base of answers to common questions
    • Developing procedures for quickly and accurately documenting and reporting bugs
  • Provided SRS training to Lakeview Public Schools and Wayne State College

3.I.IV. ILCD
4. Next Meeting Agenda Items
5. Executive Session
Rationale

The ESU Coordinating Council is authorized by state statute to enter into executive session. Executive session may be held when clearly necessary for the protection of the public interest or for the prevention of needless injury to the reputation of an individual. Reasons that meet this standard include but are not limited to: (a) strategy sessions with respect to collective bargaining, real estate matters, pending litigation, or litigation which is imminent as evidenced by communication of a claim or threat of litigation to or by the public body; (b) discussion regarding deployment of security personnel or devices; (c) investigative proceedings regarding allegations of criminal misconduct; (d) evaluation of the job performance of a person when necessary to prevent needless injury to the reputation of a person and if such person has not requested a public meeting; and (e) legal advice.

Explanation

At this point, it is appropriate for the Board to meet in closed session for one of the stated matters and/or any other permissible closed session matters in compliance with the law.

PROPOSAL:

That the Board hold a closed session:

1. For strategy session with respect to negotiations/collective bargaining clearly necessary for the protection of the public interest or for the prevention of needless injury to the reputation of an individual in compliance with the law.

2. For strategy session with respect to property/real estate matters clearly necessary for the protection of the public interest or for the prevention of needless injury to the reputation of an individual in compliance with the law.

3. For strategy session with respect to pending litigation, or litigation which is imminent as evidenced by communication of a claim or threat of litigation to or by the public body clearly necessary for the protection of the public interest or for the prevention of needless injury to the reputation of an individual in compliance with the law.

4. For discussion regarding deployment of security personnel or devices clearly necessary for the protection of the public interest or for the prevention of needless injury to the reputation of an individual in compliance with the law.

5. For investigative proceedings regarding allegations of criminal misconduct clearly necessary for the protection of the public interest or for the prevention of needless injury to the reputation of an individual in compliance with the law.

6. For personnel and the evaluation of job performance clearly necessary for the protection of the public interest or for the prevention of needless injury to the reputation of an individual in compliance with the law.

7. For discussions of the legal consequences of specific action and legal advice clearly necessary for the protection of the public interest or for the prevention of needless injury to the reputation of an individual in compliance with the law.

6. Adjournment
Actions Taken

Motion Passed:  Motion to adjourn meeting at 2:55 PM passed with a motion by Uhing ESU 01 and a second by Beatty ESU 16.