ESU Coordinating Council
February 01, 2017 4:00 PM
Technology Committee Meeting
1. Call to Order
Rationale

Notice to visitors:  To be heard at this meeting, the "Request to be Heard" form, must be completed and submitted to the Secretary to the Executive Director of ESUCC.  The President of the Board of ESUCC will call upon visitors wishing to address the Board in the order they were submitted or by subject.

Pursuant to Section 84-1411 of the Nebraska Statutes, notice of this meeting was given by advertisement on the ESUCC website, NE Public Meeting site, and host site.

Open Meetings Law
: Pursuant to Section 84 - 1412 of the Nebraska Statutes, the public is hereby informed that a current copy of the Nebraska Open Meetings Act is posted in this meeting room. 

2. Roll call
Discussion

Call to order at 4:00 PM

Staff:  David Ludwig, Deb Hericks, Beth Kabes, Rhonda Eis, and Scott Isaacson


3. Agenda Item
Chair of Committee
3.A. Tech Plan
Committee Chair - Deturk
Rationale

Nebraska Cloud Technology Plan

Discussion

The Technology Director reviewed the Tech Plan.  We have slow steady progress.  

3.A.I. ADVISER Update
Scott Isaacson
Discussion

Technology Director shared that there have been about 30 applications for the Adviser Dashboard.  The team has been meeting on a regular basis.  Will be starting to work with the SRS Project to get them on Adviser. 

3.A.II. Single Sign On Update
Committee Chair - Deturk
Discussion

There has been a big an increase getting schools onto the single sign on.  They have been making adjustments on the portal to speed up the process.  They will continue to work on performance issues.  NOC will be doing some training next month on single sign on. 

3.A.III. K12 Federation Update
Discussion

Not much happening in this area.  Scott presented to a conference in Florida virtually. 

3.A.IV. Tech Plan Update
Discussion

Continue to update as things change.  Back-up system is nearly complete.

3.A.V. SRS Technology Update
Scott Isaacson
Discussion

The SRS work to convert to Zend 1 is currently in the testing environment and continue to make the updates.  The AAP application is ready for testing. 

3.A.VI. Sustainability
Technology Director
Discussion

Hosting infrastructure and sustainability is a project the Tech Director will be working on and continue to update.

3.B. NOC By-Laws
Committee Chair - TeDurk
Rationale

Mission/Vision:

Description:  NOC supports the extensive communications network within and among the ESUs and school districts.  NOC provides network security and protocols for their districts and ESUs and ensures the communications network for distance education, internet, email, and internet protocol phones are functioning and secure. Statewide, this group establishes common frameworks and capacities for assisting one another to help ensure the education network functions well.

Leadership:  Chair and Recorder and Liaison

Annually - Recorder becomes the chair and re-elect a new recorder

Discussion

Committee Chair has been working with the NOC team to work through the by-laws.  The group is going to get together the day before the training at ESU 2 to work on the by-laws. 

3.C. BlendEd/Distance Education Procedural Manual - Second/Final Reading
Committee Chair - TeDurk
Rationale

BlendEd/Distance Education Procedural Manual

Discussion

We have been receiving feedback and the updating the procedure manual and will be approving in March. 

3.D. Review Learn360 Quote for 2018-2021
Rationale

TLT affiliate voted to recommend the acceptance of the price quote. This a three year price guarantee that can be renewed annually through 2020-21.  This will be voted on at March meeting. 

Learn360 Quote

Attachments
Discussion

We will be able to align this contract with our fiscal year.  We will have a two month contract to make the contract to align to fiscal year.  There is an optional package (Classroom Video on Demand) available for purchase but has not been vetted or tested. 

3.E. Master Service Agreement 2017-2018
Executive Director Ludwig
Rationale

Master Service Agreement 2017-2018

Discussion


3.E.I. PDO Budget Requests
Committee Chair - Lofquist
Rationale

PDO Budget Requests 2017-2018

Discussion

Executive Director reviewed the budget requests for NOC, TLT, BlendEd Leadership. 

3.E.I.a. NOC Budget Requests for 2017-2018
Committee Chair - TeDurk
Attachments
3.E.I.b. TLT Budget Requests 2017-2018
Committee Chair - TeDurk
Attachments
3.E.I.c. BlendEd Chair Budget 2017-2018
Committee Chair - TeDurk
Rationale


Supplies & Printing $300
Materials (resources) $750
Travel (External) $12,000
Other (stipend/honorarium) $6,000

3.F. 2016 NROC Usage
Committee Chair - TeDurk
Rationale

From: Terri Rowenhorst <trowenhorst@thenrocproject.org>
Date: Tue, Jan 24, 2017 at 12:51 PM
Subject: 2016 NROC Usage in Nebraska
To: David Ludwig <dludwig@esucc.org>, Beth Kabes <bkabes@esucc.org>
Cc: Nicole McCabe <nmccabe@thenrocproject.org>, Lynn Skorniak <lskorniak@thenrocproject.org>

Hi Dave and Beth

As promised, attached is some of the 2016 usage data at HippoCampus and EdReady we’ve been able to gather for sharing with legislative leaders.

Please note, the analytics are based on geographic location of the IP addresses. As we’ve discussed, detailed usage information is difficult for us to capture, since no log-ins are required at HippoCampus, nor for guest access to EdReady.  Direct links to discrete objects on our servers from within Nebraska LMS environments are also not tracked in our reporting and could be substantial.  We do know that math and English curricula have been downloaded by most of the ESU’s for local distribution.

In addition to the attached mid-year overview, please find four reports that represent Nebraska usage for different applications over the course of ESUCC’s membership:

1)      HippoCampus Nebraska Users – Google Analytics (PDF) and list of registered users (.XLS)

a.       The analytics give us some idea of where usage is most dominant

b.      The list of nearly 1000 registered users – sorted by school – helps us see which districts may have encouraged teachers to register for accounts

2)      EdReady Nebraska Users – Google Analytics (PDF) and high level activity overview  

a.       Again, the analytics report can help us see where usage is taking hold

b.      Reporting from within your esucc.edready.org site offers more details to help identify schools that are making broad and/or effective use of the tool for specifically defined goals.  The attached summary report gives a snapshot of regional use and student progress on most active goals

Please let us know if you have follow-up questions or would like the data shared in another way to help make the case for your Innovative grant or budget request.

Best,

Terri

Terri Rowenhorst
Director of NROC Member Services
719-783-0804
Cell: 719-671-9558
http://theNROCproject.org

Don’t miss the 2017 NROC Member Meeting to be held in Monterey March 27-29!

Attachments
Discussion

BlendEd/DEC Director reviewed the usage reports for NROC. 

3.G. Staff Reports
Chair of Committee
3.G.I. Scott Isaacson
Scott Isaacson
Attachments
Discussion

Technology Director report throughout agenda. 

3.G.II. Beth Kabes
Beth Kabes
Attachments
Discussion

BlendEd/Dec Director reviewed her report for BlendEd.  She continues to schedule and observe the BlendEd pilots schools.  Continue to work on creating videos to help teachers for resources.  Regional meetings were to happen for the BlendED pilot this week.  Region 1 and 3 visit Bellevue this morning and then got back together at ESU 3 to work on some activities.  Continue to promote and present at various workshops, conferences, etc.  Distance Education will meet next week to discuss VTF's in NVIS and update those records.  She shared a bookmark and postcard that she will be using to promote our resources.  She gave a demonstration of the Nebraska Hippo Campus website. 

3.G.III. Rhonda Eis
Rhonda Eis
Attachments
Discussion

IMAT Coordinator discussed her report.  Discussed more of Learn360.  She highlighted the meetings from TLT.  TLT has identified some training needs.  Discussion regarding the TLT leadership structure.  Sub Committee have been discussing for the learning resources funds available and possible uses for the MyVR Spot, ARC, and Kaltura.  The committee is looking at video management system to give teachers and students video resource.  Committee continues to review Amazon Inspire. 

4. Next Meeting Agenda Items
5. Executive Session
Rationale

The ESU Coordinating Council is authorized by state statute to enter into executive session. Executive session may be held when clearly necessary for the protection of the public interest or for the prevention of needless injury to the reputation of an individual. Reasons that meet this standard include but are not limited to: (a) strategy sessions with respect to collective bargaining, real estate matters, pending litigation, or litigation which is imminent as evidenced by communication of a claim or threat of litigation to or by the public body; (b) discussion regarding deployment of security personnel or devices; (c) investigative proceedings regarding allegations of criminal misconduct; (d) evaluation of the job performance of a person when necessary to prevent needless injury to the reputation of a person and if such person has not requested a public meeting; and (e) legal advice.

Explanation

At this point, it is appropriate for the Board to meet in closed session for one of the stated matters and/or any other permissible closed session matters in compliance with the law.

PROPOSAL:

That the Board hold a closed session:

1. For strategy session with respect to negotiations/collective bargaining clearly necessary for the protection of the public interest or for the prevention of needless injury to the reputation of an individual in compliance with the law.

2. For strategy session with respect to property/real estate matters clearly necessary for the protection of the public interest or for the prevention of needless injury to the reputation of an individual in compliance with the law.

3. For strategy session with respect to pending litigation, or litigation which is imminent as evidenced by communication of a claim or threat of litigation to or by the public body clearly necessary for the protection of the public interest or for the prevention of needless injury to the reputation of an individual in compliance with the law.

4. For discussion regarding deployment of security personnel or devices clearly necessary for the protection of the public interest or for the prevention of needless injury to the reputation of an individual in compliance with the law.

5. For investigative proceedings regarding allegations of criminal misconduct clearly necessary for the protection of the public interest or for the prevention of needless injury to the reputation of an individual in compliance with the law.

6. For personnel and the evaluation of job performance clearly necessary for the protection of the public interest or for the prevention of needless injury to the reputation of an individual in compliance with the law.

7. For discussions of the legal consequences of specific action and legal advice clearly necessary for the protection of the public interest or for the prevention of needless injury to the reputation of an individual in compliance with the law.

6. Adjournment
Actions Taken

Motion Passed:  Motion to adjourn meeting at 4:44PM passed with a motion by Uhing ESU 01 and a second by Fisher ESU 04.