Attached find Directors and Staff that are registered for the NARD Legislative Conference. Please let Breunig know if you would like to be registered. Deadline is January 4, 2017.
Director Retreat - February 15th
Our Director's Retreat is scheduled for February 15 beginning at 9:00 a.m. at the Benedictine Center north of Schuyler. Topics for the day include:
1. Manager Selection Process
2. One to One voting for LPNNRD Directors
3. LPNNRD Director Residence Requirements
4. Groundwater Rules and Regulations
5. Former Lickteig Property
6. Lower Platte River Corridor Alliance (do we want tho have this topic pending 2-24-17 meeting)
7. Basin Water Supply Discussion
8. Look for method to reduce "Accrued Compensated Absences" over 5 year period
9. Sale of Sand Creek Site 15 Farm
NARD Washington DC Annual Meeting
The NARD Annual Meeting in Washington DC is scheduled for March 18-22, 2017. Travel arrangements will need to be made soon.
*To approve attendance of up to two directors and two staff at the NARD Washington D.C. Conference
Motion Passed: To approve attendance of up to two directors and two staff at the NARD Washington D.C. Conference passed with a motion by Gene Ruzicka and a second by Matt Bailey.
Monthly Education Program
Our Education Program for January will be a report from Angle on 2016 Groundwater Levels.
Our February Education Program is scheduled to be Joe Birkel with a report on the Water Leaders Academy and Project SENSE.
Water Strategies - Monthly Bill
*To make payment to Water Strategies in the amount of $4,500 for January services and bill Lower Platte South and Papio NRD’s for their portion
Motion Passed: To make payment to Water Strategies in the amount of $4,500 for January services and bill Lower Platte South and Papio NRD’s for their portion passed with a motion by Joe Birkel and a second by Gene Ruzicka.
Report from Nominating Sub-Committee
Minutes for the December 12 meeting of the Nominating Sub-Committee were prepared by Dave Saalfeld and are attached. Election of officers for 2017 will occur at our January Board Meeting as the first item of business (following reports and the education program).
Sand Creek Site 15 Farm
Discussion occurred on the Sand Creek Site 15 farm (former Lickteig property).
1. The six month wait for the Ourada's claim expired in November.
2. A decision needs to be made concerning rental of the farmable and CRP acres. There is one year remaining in the 7.3 CRP acres that needs to be assigned to a producer. A rental agreement for the remaining 37.5 acres also needs to be made so that cropping decisions can be made for 2017. Harvey Brabec has farmed the land the past three years.
3. Are we considering selling the property to allow for 2017 farming?
The Executive Committee asked that this item be addressed at the Director Retreat on February 15.
Larry Angle has made the decision to retire with his last day at the NRD scheduled for March 3. The Personnel Sub-Committee will meet on January 4 to decide the process we will to go through to fill the position with recommendations for the board's consideration at board meeting.
Approval of Financial Reports
Update from HBE360
- By mid-January, we anticipate to release financial statements for the months of July and August, 2016
- By end of January, we anticipate to release financial statements for the months of September and October, 2016
- We will then be releasing the months of November forward as they are completed, with an overall target of being on a normal cycle (issuing one month prior by the end of each month) by the end of March, e.g. we would issue February ’17 by that time.
Approval of Managers Time and Expense Sheets
*To approve Managers Miyoshi's Time and Expense Sheets as attached to the Executive Committee Minutes
Motion Passed: To approve Managers Miyoshi's Time and Expense Sheets as attached to the Executive Committee Minutes passed with a motion by Robert Hilger and a second by Joe Birkel.
IRS Mileage Rate
Beginning January 1, 2017 the IRS mileage rate will change from $.54 per mile to $.535 per mile. LPNNRD mileage reimbursements mirrors the IRS rate.
Loss of Tax Dollars
Due to a tax correction in Butler County, LPNNRD will be losing $23.12 in Property Taxes that will be withheld from our January disbursement. See attached letter for details.